Senior Support Manager
At RPost, we help businesses communicate better. Our RMail service (RMail.com), powered by Registered Email technology, empowers email users with delivery visibility, proof, privacy and productivity tools, and our RSign service (RSign.com) makes it easy to prepare and send documents or forms for e-signature, with configurable templates and advanced document management tools.
We are seeking an energetic, detailed oriented Senior Support Manger to lead our support team, providing proactive and reactive support to customers and partners. The right candidate will be required to master understanding of our RMail/RSign platforms to be able to assist the support team with customers and partners in advanced support scenarios.
This position will be based in our Boston (Wellesley) office, near Rt. 90-Rt.128 intersection, 20 minute walk from Riverside MBTA station.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Support Manager include:
Internal Support (40%)
- Provides coaching and technical floor support to junior Customer Support team members.
- Assist in supporting product questions from internal sales and account managers.
- Creates and assists with technical knowledge transfer via knowledge articles, product manuals and guides, and other training content.
- Manages the technical product responses of the inbound support call center.
- Manages the technical product responses of the web chat center.
- Recommends improvements to the product management team to improve supportability of the services and features based on escalated customer support and feedback.
Direct Customer Support (40%)
- Handles customer support for advanced technical cases escalated by the Support team.
- Assists with escalation of customer product issues
- Provide escalated customer support communications as needed
Partner Support (20%)
- Assist in providing support to key direct distribution and integrated product partners.
- Support relationship and program management for distribution partnerships, as a technical subject matter expert and as expert on all services, apps, advanced implementations, API implementations, integrations, billing system integrations, revenue assurance reporting, and administrative systems implementation and operations.
- Manage technical aspects of partner integration projects, including developing requirements, and assuring quality testing, monitoring, support, troubleshooting, improvements and operations of the integrations.
- Support technical elements of key partner accounts, in particular where an API or integration is involved, automated sending or enhancements are deployed, or advanced app settings are required.
- Support relationship account managers with technical elements and key account VIP support.
- Research, resolve and document customer issues related to products and services
- Perform troubleshooting to identify causes and recommend solutions and communicate clearly and precisely with customers and partners, maintaining accurate and timely records in case tracking system
- Interact with other areas to improve the customer experience, including support, marketing and sales operations
- Build and maintain technical documents such as online knowledge-base, FAQs and How-To-Guides for our RMail and RSign product lines
- Be a part of our technical team that recommends features and enhancements based on customer feedback
- Manage customer support call-center
- Maintain ownership of cases until resolution, involving other teams as needed and setting customer expectations
- Implement and maintain customer support processes to handle and resolve customer requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner, working directly with key accounts and to support partner support staff
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to resolve product issues or escalating as necessary, and by building QA automation systems and service monitoring systems, if requested by product managers or engineering teams
- 3+ years of relevant experience in technical support/troubleshooting.
- 2+ years in the cloud and/or SaaS industry
- 1+ years team management experience with a strong ability to manage deliverable activities
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent communications skills for working with internal technical teams to review level 2 support issues.
- Clear understanding of email messaging applications including expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience explaining technology solutions to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of self-motivation; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, sense of humor.
- Advanced experience with case management platforms (Salesforce strongly preferred)
- Advanced experience with product issue management tools (JIRA strongly preferred)
- Advanced experience with online presentation tools such as WebEx and GoToMeeting
- Advanced knowledge of web services and modern web development languages
- Strong, wide base of knowledge of computing standards including Apple, Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Strong, wide base of knowledge of email standards including Outlook, Gmail, and web email platforms
- Strong, wide base of knowledge of email deliverability and authentication technologies (DKIM, DMARC, SPF)
- Experience leading/coaching others
- Good understanding to how browser-based apps, RESTful API’s work and proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot related issues.
We offer an employee friendly environment, competitive compensation, health insurance, casual dress environment and true opportunity for extensive career growth.